3 Ways to Improve Lead Quality through Better Data Management
When the focus of your job is online lead generation, you want any tool that can improve lead quality.
This is because even though lead generation is just one piece of your larger demand generation strategy, it is often the one with the most obvious tie to an increase in company revenue.
What is the easiest way to guarantee the leads from your campaign actually contribute to an increase in revenue?
Work hard at optimizing your lead quality
The higher the quality of leads, the more your sales partners can convert to new customers. Demand generation marketers improve lead quality in a number of different ways, including:
- Improved segmentation. When marketing teams have customer data streaming in from different channels (your website, social media, email marketing), it becomes easier for demand generation marketers to divide customers into segmented audiences for more enhanced campaign targeting.
- Better partnerships with sales and lead scoring. Often the best source of a clear definition of “qualified leads” is your sales team. By marrying your online lead generation with sales prospecting efforts, demand generation marketers make it easier to identify quality leads the moment they enter the pipeline (and then quickly pass them off to salespeople.)
- A stronger focus on full-cycle demand generation marketing. Improved lead quality also comes from making sure leads are not discarded just because they may not be “sales-ready” the moment they enter your pipeline. A good nurture campaign helps boost the overall quality of the leads sent forward to sales.
Of course, most demand generation marketers and marketing technologists agree there is one fundamental component underlying any of these strategies for enhancing lead quality:
You need great data management tools to improve lead quality.
Here are three ways the right data management tools improve your lead quality:
- Data management tools unify data from online lead generation efforts.
You have data coming in from across any number of different channels, but without a platform to bring the data together, you are bound to have issues with lead quality. When your data is misaligned, customer segmentation becomes next to impossible. Customer personas are skewed, and you are left without the comprehensive customer portrait needed to appropriately divide up your customers by segments.
Data management tools solve that problem by bringing all of your streams of customer data together and unifying them under one platform.
- Data management tools clean your data to remove incorrect or duplicate information.
Once the data is collected, a good data management tool will actually scrub the data clean of any incorrect or duplicate information. This ensures a higher rate of delivery on your campaigns and improves the customer experience by minimizing the risk of leads receiving multiple messages from the same marketing campaign.
- Finally, data management tools enrich your data to increase the success of your campaigns.
The last step is that data management platforms attempt to fill in the gaps of missing data in real-time so that you have a more robust view of your incoming leads. This helps with segmentation as well as sales prospecting efforts.
ReachForce helps marketers increase revenue contribution by solving some of their toughest data management problems. We understand the challenges of results-driven marketers and provide solutions to make initiatives like marketing automation, personalization, and predictive marketing better. Whether you have an acute pain to solve today or prefer to grow your capabilities over time, ReachForce can unify, clean, and enrich prospect and customer lifecycle data in your business, and do it at your own pace.