Marketing automation is a software that can automate a lot of general marketing tasks, provide cloud storage for data, improve the organization of big data, and offer a variety of tools that simplify data analysis. Currently less than 10 percent of all businesses are using marketing automation. This, in part, is due to lack of awareness, while partially due to some business owners not knowing whether marketing automation is a good fit for their company. Before immediately investing in a new software, it’s important to analyze whether or not the software will advance the core goals of your company. Here are some guidelines to help you determine whether marketing automation is right for your business.
The Benefits of Marketing Automation
Marketing automation can provide enormous benefit to companies, but the advantages of the software will largely depend on the type and size of the company. Some of the main benefits include:
• Improved data storage: With cloud-based data storage, businesses can store data easily and safely, while enjoying cost-effective scaling abilities.
• Enhanced data analysis: With built-in tools to simplify data analysis, businesses can make better use of their data.
• Increased lead generation: With better insights, marketers can tailor their campaign to accommodate up-to-date consumer trends, which will generate more leads and increase marketing ROI.
• Heightened efficiency: By automating basic marketing tasks, employees can conquer more work in less time.
While all of these benefits are possible with marketing automation, some companies will gain more benefits than others. The size of the company, their market reach, their data accumulation, and other factors all contribute to the effectiveness of marketing automation software.
Key Things to Consider
Investing in a new software entails an inevitable upfront cost, as well as time and labor to train employees in its usage. Before purchasing marketing automation, ask yourself the following questions to see if the software is a good fit for your company.
• How much are you currently spending on marketing? Do you feel this is a fair price, or would you like to decrease your marketing budget?
• How effective is your campaign? Is it possible to improve lead generation and increase your marketing ROI?
• How much time is spent on marketing? Could you increase the efficiency of your campaign?
• How much quality data does your business have? Are you able to analyze that data efficiently and effectively?
If you feel that your business has a low marketing ROI, is spending too much time on the marketing campaign, or is failing to leverage the data to its fullest potential, then it’s likely your company could benefit from marketing automation software.
What Types of Businesses Need Marketing Automation?
Many businesspeople believe that marketing automation is useful for large companies, but smaller companies will fail to see benefits. While large companies are more in need of scalable data storage, small companies can considerably enhance their marketing potential as well. No matter the size of the company, if your business is looking to reduce spending, increase the ROI of your advertisements, minimize labor, and leverage data more effectively, then marketing automation can help to advance your goals.
ReachForce SmartForms helps marketers increase revenue contribution by solving some of their toughest data collection and management problems. We understand the challenges of results-driven marketers and provide solutions to make initiatives like landing pages better. Whether you have an acute pain to solve today or prefer to grow your capabilities over time, ReachForce SmartForms can help you improve your lead generation efforts at your own pace.