Quora, by now I’m sure you’ve heard of it. Not sure what to expect, I signed up and put a question out there (floating a go-to-market message out). I thought it was an interesting concept but I wasn’t exactly sure how to “use” Quora in the B2B marketing mix. Since signing up, I now have 49 curious B2B marketers following me. So we’re all thinking the same thing. Cool, but how do I leverage?
Just in case you haven’t heard of Quora, here’s what they say about themselves.
Quora is a continually improving collection of questions and answers created, edited, and organized by everyone who uses it. The most important thing is to have each question page become the best possible resource for someone who wants to know about the question.
Ok, back to figuring out how Quora might fit in the marketing mix. Looking for help, I started with the obvious – Quora.
Here’s what I found:
How can you use Quora professionally? Mario Sundar, Linkedin’s social media guy, breaks it down into these for 4 steps:
- Stage 1: Follow topics of professional interest
- Stage 2: Follow your colleagues on Quora
- Stage 3: Follow breaking news in your field of expertise
- Stage 4: Break news in your field of expertise
Definitely doable. Be sure to read Mario’s entire response here. He breaks down each stage in more detail.
Jumped out of Quora for a visit with Google. Still looking for use cases, here’s a few interesting things I found:
- 6 ways journalists can use Quora as tool to report, share ideas – don’t forget to follow the journalists covering your expertise and remember them when you are asking and answering questions.
- Five Ways Bloggers Can Use Quora – Using Quora for market research and lead generation of just 2 of the great ideas shared here.
- A Marketer’s Guide to Quora – and we know we can always count on our friends at HubSpot for how-to help
That’s about all that’s out there so I’m wondering if any B2BLead readers are signed up and using Quora? If so, how? Please do share.
In the meantime, I’m going to continue to experiment and be sure to let you know what I find.